Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Dumpster diving

Since my move I have been making a mental list of things I would like to get for my house. Not necessarily a need but a want so I can wait a little while to get these things, such as a new trash can. The one I have had for years is a plastic white one that isn't very appealing and since I can't store my trash can away in a closet I wanted a nicer looking one, I had a stainless steal one in mind but if you have priced them they can range from $60 to $140, too pricey for me right now.

Well low and behold yesterday the house across the street had just been moved out and there was someone there cleaning it. I noticed that they toted a few things to the curb for the trash man and guess what one of those things were... yeap you guessed it, a stainless steal trash can! I didn't go over right away to get it, I wanted to wait for it to get a little later in the day. About 7 that night I still had not gone to get it but my Aunt Brenda & Uncle Rick were coming over with an extra lawn mower and I knew Brenda would go with me to get the trash can. We ran over and inspected it, as far as we could tell it was perfect. So we snatched it up, along with a sponge mop :) Here it is in my kitchen after I Clorox-ed and cleaned it. What do you think? Not bad for FREE dollars and FREE cents!

2 comments:

laura mcpherson said...

You go girl!!! I love it :)
CANNOT believe they were just throwing it out. Looks like your little place is coming together.

Carl & Rosemarie Brauning said...

Looks FABULOUS! Congrats! I always thought my husband was a pro dumpster diver but he hasn't found on of thise yet. Good Job!!!