Sunday, July 27, 2008

Wine tasting last weekend

Last Sunday I got to check another item off my to do list: wine tasting. So Sunday morning after a short run to the pier and back we loaded up in the Land Cruiser and headed North to wine country, it was Carl, Tami, Carl's dad, his wife and me. I was so excited to see my niece Celine at lunch time as well as maybe learn a thing or two about wine. We visited 2 actual vineyards where they harvest the grapes and make the wine, Brander and Bridlewood.


At my first wine tasting at Brander




Acting like I know what I am doing :) By the end of the day I got the swirling thing down pat!



Entering Bridlewood



Look at all those barrels!



Yummy wine selection inside Bridlewood




Aren't they cute!




If you look in the distance you can see the vines. Appropriately Bridlewood has horse stables.


After visiting the vineyards in the Santa Ynez Valley we were off to Los Olivos for lunch and to visit all the tasting rooms there. At each vineyard and tasting room you were able to sample 5-9 different wines, depending on what they were pouring that day. Each of the tastings were small but they added up and caused me to be a little fuzzy headed by the time we were on our way home. The tasting rooms we visited were: Epiphany Cellars, Consilience, Tre Anelli, Longoria, and Andrew Murry.

Epiphany Cellars tasting room

It was so yummy!

Look what Tami taught me!


Christiane, me & Josh at Patricks Side Street Cafe for lunch


This is my favorite picture that Carl took of me & Celine, she is so sweet!

We bought these shirts at Tre Anelli, it is my newest motto "Life's too short for bad shoes & bad wine." I gave up bad shoes long ago but now I guess it is no more boxed wine for me :)

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Looks like you had a fun time!! Love that shot of you girls looking through your glasses...that is really creative!!