Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Horray for our LAST couple of days!

If you would have asked me on September 2, I would have told you that I didn't think this day would ever come, the last few days of SCO clinic that is. It was painful going from a private practice setting to back in the dictatorship clinic. But somehow, like every class before us, and every class after us, we made it through. Some days it seemed like it would never end, but finally come this Friday, that is 2 days from now we will be finally FREE!!! I was feeling festive and in a baking mood last night so I made cookies to take today for clinic as celebration. Here is the recipe.

Chocolate & Peanut Butter Chip Cookies

1. 1 cup butter
2. 3/4 cup sugar
3. 3/4 cup brown sugar
4. 1 egg
5. 1 tsp vanilla
6. 2 1/4 cup flour
7. 1 tsp baking soda
8. 1/2 tsp salt
9. Chocolate chips – I put in 1 whole bag of semi-sweet choc chips & ½ bag of peanut butter chips

Mix 1-5; add and mix 6-8. Add 9. Bake 375 degrees F for 10-12 minutes on ungreased pan.
I made a double batch, so I was baking for hours! As you can see I probably ended up with about 8 dozen, I stopped counting after the first few sheets.
And I guess they were good b/c this is all that was left after I came into the lounge at 6 tonight.

2 comments:

Carl & Rosemarie Brauning said...

Congrats!!!

Laura said...

YIPPEE!!!! You're almost done :)
I am so happy for you AND so proud!

For some reason I have a HUGE craving for cookies?!?! I was going to tell you to bring the extras home, but then I scrolled down to the last picture and a tear fell from my little eye!

That's okay, I'll be happy just to have YOU home! Have a great rest of the week. LOVE YOU!