Monday, September 15, 2008

Superfoods!

Over the weekend I found an article on Yahoo titled "20 Superfoods for Weight Loss." Of course it intrigued me and I had to read it. The first paragraph really caught my attention, and for good reason:

Eat more to weigh less. No joke! The right foods help you drop pounds by revving your calorie burn and curbing cravings. We consulted top experts for the best picks and asked leading chefs for easy, tasty ways to prepare them. Add these eats to your plate today and you'll be slimmer and healthier in no time!

The 20 Superfoods that they recommended were as follows:
  1. Steak
  2. Eggs
  3. Kale
  4. Oats
  5. Lentils
  6. Goji Berries
  7. Wild Salmon
  8. Apples
  9. Buckwheat pasta
  10. Blueberries
  11. Almond butter - my fav!
  12. Pomegranates
  13. Chiles
  14. Yogurt
  15. Quinoa
  16. Sardines
  17. Tarragon
  18. Parmesan
  19. Avocado
  20. Olive Oil

And I am proud to say that I eat all the ones in bold, and more than half of those I would say I eat on a regular basis or you could find in the kitchen at any given moment. I have Tami for than for introducing me to quinoa and almond butter, they are both so good and so good for you! Check out the article for more detailed info.

No comments: