Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Sun City, Palm Desert



For Memorial Day weekend I was fortunate enough to get to spend it with my extended family. Tami, her mom (Aunt Diana), 3 sisters & my Aunt Peggy all spent the weekend in Palm Desert at Tami's neighbors 2nd home, I guess he is my neighbor too :) We went up on Friday and returned Monday. The weekend before it was 110 degrees! Of course dry heat so it isn't that bad right, whatev! But Memorial Day weekend was much different, I don't think it reached above 85 degrees. It was amazing.
For the most part we got up by 7 everyday, at breakfast, went to the pool where we had Jose & his crew delivering us pizza, salads & beer to us, b/c we were "the hot girls by the pool", then we would go home and have amazing dinners either at home or out on the town. I got to use my cooking skills by making my nearly famous spaghetti & meatballs (actually turkey).


Here is a picture of what I did for 2 whole days, nothing but sit on a pool chair read magazines & catch up with my family. It was kind of funny b/c we were staying in a community where to own a home there you have to be over 55 years old, hence why we were the hot girls at the pool.


One of the main reasons this trip was planned was to celebrate my Aunt Diana's birthday, I won't say how old but I really wish I look half as good as she does when I am her age! Oh and she could have owned a house for 5 years where we stayed if that helps figure it out. I was so excited to get to join along in the fun. Tami, Shannon & Stephanie are more than just cousins, they are double cousins... Remember I am from Kansas not Mississippi. So their dad and my dad are brothers and their mom and my mom are sisters. Actually my parents met at their wedding. It is pretty cool that we have all the same family. This is one of the reason's why Stephanie & I look so much alike, lots of the same genes. I feel as if we have always had a special something and always will. Thanks girls for letting me part-take in your girls weekend. I will always cherish it!


Below is a video of Stephanie & me being silly. I think you get the picture.


No comments: