Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Blueberry Cobbler

I know I have told a few of you about this recipe. It has quickly become one of my favorites b/c it is so quick, easy and such a crowd pleaser.

BLUEBERRY COBBLER

1 stick butter
3 to 4 c. fresh blueberries (frozen work as well but use a little less water)
1 c. water
1 c. sugar
3/4 c. self-rising flour
3/4 c. milk
1 c. sugar

Melt the butter in an 8 or 9 inch square pan. Put blueberries in pan with water and 1 cup sugar. Leave on burner. Simmer while making crust. Mix the flour, milk and 1 cup sugar together. Mix well. Pour over blueberries. Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees. Check all along to see if juice is cooking out. If so, add a little water to keep cobbler juicy. Serve with ice cream &/or cool whip.

2 comments:

Laura said...

I can't wait to try this!!! I came home after you'd called Justin to look the recipe up for you, and he had it printed off. He's excited to try it out...now we just have to find a spare minute!

Unknown said...

Hey Sis. I have a new blog now. It is exciting.