Tuesday, December 8, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

We had a good first snow last night and it is still coming down. Not sure when it will end but luckily it happened to fall on my day off. Schools were closed today, except for K-State of course :)

This was my house at about 11:30 today. I cleaned my driveway and my neighbors, but I am sure by now you can't even tell. Boy I have a new respect for my dad, shoveling snow by hand. Days like today I really wish I had a husband... or a roommate that likes to shovel snow.
I have been a very bad blogger lately. Just so much going on and trying to keep up with my workout routine. I never thought I would crave the gym, which I don't know if I would say I crave it but I hate when I skip it.
A few weeks ago I started to put up my Christmas tree. It took about 2 weeks to finish b/c of life in general. I have finally put myself on a spending freeze. I could buy and buy shopping carts full of Christmas decor. I love it! Makes the house seems so warm and cozy.
I do not have a tall tree of my own and had never priced them out, boy are they expensive! Never have I had a real tree either, so I didn't want to mess with it b/c I wouldn't have a clue as to what I was doing. I was very excited as to when my friend Audra offered to let me borrow her tree that she was not using this year. It is prelit and a slim one, so it fit perfect in my entryway. Maybe she will forget she let me borrow it... :) I love the tree topper, it was the second one I bought, the first one shed glitter a little too much. But during that trial and tribulation I learned of another use for a lint roller.

Here is the view out of my bedroom window. So much snow!
And out my front door. The flakes coming down when I was outside were the biggest flakes I have seen in quite sometime. It is so pretty and I am so lucky to be home today and get to snuggle on my sofa and watch movies, instant message, and blog of course.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Stay warm! I want snow here!