Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Greetings!

Hello family & Friends!

Wow what a year it has been. For those of you who missed this memo, it has been a BIG year. The most notable highlight is I finally graduated on May 1, 2009 from Southern College of Optometry in Memphis, Tennessee. I am happy to finally be done with school, it has been a long journey and I am happy to say that you can officially call me Dr. Christina Heptig. It does seem surreal to be called Dr. Heptig on a daily basis. With that being said I was offered an amazing job with The EyeDoctors. I started officially as Dr. Heptig in July, after passing my Kansas boards, and I primarily work in their Junction City office but also their two Topeka offices. And to top all of that off I turned 30th in October!

I moved back to Manhattan, KS in June. It is hard to believe it has been six years since I lived here and boy has the city expanded and changed. I live in a 3 bedroom 2.5 bath townhome on the West side of town. Plenty of room for visitors, so please stop by and stay a while!

It is strange to think that I have free time, something that I have not had much of the past few years. I continue to love to bake & cook for anyone and everyone. At the end of September I started working out with a personal trainer, hard to believe that I like the pain and discomfort that comes with it but I feel stronger and healthier than ever. I try to go to the gym at least four times a week but ideally like to shoot for six. I obviously still love to cheer on the Kansas State Wildcats. I enjoy blogging, obviously! My most favorite past-time undoubtedly has to be be traveling. I am happy to say that I have been out to see my double cousin Tami & her husband Carl three times this year, I have been to Arkansas to visit friends a couple times, Atlanta for a conference and a few other places here and there in between. I would like to visit Europe in the near future.

My family also got a new addition, my brother and his wife welcomed another baby girl, Julia in November. I certainly have a lot to be grateful for this year. 2009 has been great and I am expecting 2010 to be just as wonderful. I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah and Happy New Year!

Much love, Christie

No comments: