Saturday, June 26, 2010

Cucumber Salad

I had the day off and I actually stayed at home... Which is not typical, normally I travel somewhere but since I have MY new house, I am becoming more of a home body. The intense heat could have had something to do with my staying inside too. Well I was watching The Food Network and saw this great recipe. I altered it a bit for my tasting.

Fresh Cucumber Salad

Ingredients:
- 2 Cucumbers, peeled and diced
- Kosher salt
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons dill, or more if desired
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely minced

Directions:
Put the cucumbers in a colander and set over a bowl or the sink. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and allow it to sit for 5 minutes. Press out as much liquid as possible. Toss the cucumbers, yogurt, onion, dill and pepper in a serving bowl. Cover and chill in the refrigerator at least 1 hour or until ready to enjoy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny, I had cucumber salad on the brain too this weekend.... bought cucumbers on Saturday to make it. I have a little different recipe, soooo good!
Annie