Thursday, March 4, 2010

Wow.

I saw this article in a daily newsletter I get about vision & health care. Please check it out.

Whole Grains Most Effective At Lowering Risk For Type 2 Diabetes

HealthDay (3/3, Preidt) reported that, according to a study presented Mar. 3 at the American Heart Association's Nutrition, Physical Activity and Metabolism Conference, "brown rice is better than white rice at reducing the risk of type 2 diabetes, but whole grains are the most effective at lowering the risk." In a study of 39,765 men and 157,463 women, researchers found that those "who ate two or more servings of brown rice per week were 11 percent less likely to develop type 2 diabetes than those who ate less than one serving of brown rice per month," whereas "the same replacement with whole grains as a group was associated with a 36 percent lower diabetes risk."

1 comment:

Audra said...

Thanks Christie...I guess this means I need to bring on the "brown" if you know what I mean :)