Tuesday, March 2, 2010

An innocent man

While attending college I worked as a courthouse runner/secretary/babysitter/house sitter for 2 wonderful attorneys. There were many interesting cases that came through the office while I was there but none were quite as compelling or rewarding as the wrongful conviction case that started my last year working there, 2002-2003. After 7 years it finally settled... SEVEN years! Can you believe that. Not to mention that the whole ordeal actually started long before that. The man that was wrongfully convicted is the most kind hearted man you will ever meet. I am pretty sure if I was in prison for 10 years for a crime I did not commit I would be bitter and upset at all of society, but not Eddie, he is just the opposite. Unbelievable. Please click HERE for the interview that was shown Sunday night.

And for more information on other wrongful convictions go to The Innocence Project.

1 comment:

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

Hi Christie...I came over to visit thru Laura's blog...I live in Winfield too!
Anyway...this post caught my eye...I just finished the book "The Innocent Man" by John Grisham. It's incredible how many wrong convictions there are and how crooked the law/legal system is/can be. If you haven't read the book, I recommend it. It's about a man in Ada, OK.
I'll be back to visit...love your blog and the yummy recipes you post!
Leslie