Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Days off

I have 1 day off during the week to offset working a half day on Saturdays, yeah it is a sweet set up and if I ever complain about it you have permission to slap me. My day off normally goes something like this...

Wake up about 6:50 so I have enough time to brush my teeth and get coffee going b/c I always have a date with Matt (Lauer) at 7:00 a.m. I watch the Today show (and facebook, email & blog) until it starts to repeat or I just get bored. Then I typically do something around the house, clean, laundry... whatever needs done. Today I did a bit off everything. Then I head to the gym around 10 for my Tuesday personal training session with Abigail. If KSU classes are going on I attended the yogilates class at noon too.

Normally on Tuesdays I make a GOOD meal. Yes, you are right, all my meals are good, but Tuesday's are normally a bit more labor intensive, and today was the mother of all labor intensive meals... Bolognese Sauce. (will post the recipe later, so stay tuned!) Labor intensive b/c it can simmer for 5+ hours.

Here it is simmering away. My house smelled amazing today.
Here it is with pasta ready to go to a special someone who was feeling under the weather today.

I also steamed some broccoli, lots of good vitamins to combat those bugs.
And of course no meal is complete without dessert (I don't eat it but others like it) Chocolate & peanut butter cookies.

No comments: