Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Give it a try...

I made a great dinner, if I do say so myself, Tuesday night :) I even shared it with my friends Nate & Abigail. The main event on the menu tonight was Turkey meatloaf, a recipe I discovered thanks to my friend Tangee. I also made fresh green beans and mashed "potatoes"... They were actually mashed cauliflower. I absolutely could not believe how it turned out! They had a spice flavor to it, maybe I added too much pepper, but I could have eaten the whole bowl! I think Nate & Abigail were surprised as well. I highly recommend trying this recipe out!
_____________________________
Cauliflower mashed "potatoes"

1 head cauliflower
1/8 skim milk
1-2 Tablespoons butter
Salt & WHITE pepper

Chop up and cook cauliflower until fork tender, I put in microwave safe dish with a little bit of water at the bottom and cooked in microwave for about 6-8 minutes. Place cauliflower, skim milk, butter, salt and pepper in food processor. Whip until smooth. Pour cauliflower into small baking dish and serve!

1 comment:

flipflopstoskiboots.com said...

I LOVE those mashed potatoes. I should make those, I have two heads of cauliflower. Yummy! Hey, I am searching for your meatball recipe. Can't find it! Can you share it with me, please!!??