Thursday, April 1, 2010

2 weeks.... grrr

For those who have been following, I am trying to buy a house. No wonder they have to entice people with an $8000 first time home buyers tax credit, b/c the stuff I have had to do is ridiculous and there has been more than 1 time that I have thought about backing out. The house I am purchasing is in a flood zone, therefore I have to get flood insurance. I have been trying for weeks to understand home insurance and flood insurance, and just when I think I have it figured out and know who I am going with... They tell me FEMA is closed for 2 WEEKS!! Seriously? So they can not quote any flood policies or write any new ones in that time.. I am nearly ready to throw in the towel. Say a prayer I don't lose it...

_____________________
Update: It is not FEMA that is closed, our Senators are on Easter Break that is 2 weeks long... Apparently they did not get to all of the budgeting before break b/c they were wrapped up in the awful health care bill... good job guys.

2 comments:

Carpenter's said...

Hang in there! It is all worth it in the end. Oh and just a heads up we waited 2 1/2 months before we received our $8,000.00 check. The up side is that it came with interest money. So we had some extra spending money :)

Christie's Endless Craze said...

Oh that makes me happy to hear! Thank you for the encouragement.